Have you ever thought of what the secret is behind the most popular sites on the web? Do you ask yourself these questions. Why do they get so many clicks? Why they are making so much money and I am not? Why only few web sites succeed and most of others fail? Lets dive into it on the tips to help you resolve these issues!
Here I am gonna give you 10 of the top tips that most of the successful web sites use.
1. Do your web site attract the customers attention immediately. If not, it should. Listen this is the truth, nobody’s gonna find information on your web site, nobody has that much time. You got to give the information to them, I mean fast. Don’t expect that your customer will fool around in your web site for hours, looking at every nook and corner of your website. They will leave your site in no time. Remember there are millions of service providers like you. Give them clean links. Just one click and straight to business. Also, minimize the loading time of your website. Try to avoid graphics, flash animation, pictures etc. Believe me people hate that.
2. Now think about the kind of customers you are targeting. Build your web site according to type of customers you will receive. If your website is for professionals, make the site more professional. If your website is targeting teenagers, make the site more informal and relaxed. Try to reflect the customers choices.
3. Focus your website. Make sure you are not offering different products or services on the same page. That will confuse your customer. Dedicate separate pages for each of your products.
4. Your credibility is very important. Having a great looking website will not help you if you are unable to build trust in your customers. The anonymity of the internet certainly creates a little mistrust. In order to make your product sell first try to build trust in your customers.
5. Offer a money back guarantee on your website. Give them the control of whether they want to keep the product or not. This will build trust in your customers.
6. Make money transactions on your site easier. Make the process as short as possible. Don’t ask for information that is not very important. At any time don’t let them feel that you are invading their privacy. Give them many type of payment modes to choose from. Also, provide a mailing address for customers who would like to pay via mail (if you choose to allow this payment method).
7. Make the navigation of your website as simple as possible. Every page of your website should be reachable from every other page.
8. The website should look consistent in look and feel related to your company’s brand, services, and products. Do not alter the design of the site from page to page.
9. Keep in mind that most of the customers will find your website from the search engines. So design pages that will give you a high rank. Include important keywords as many as possible without sacrificing your sales message. Use meta tags and description tags to the full. Give keywords as names to different web-pages of your website while linking.
10. The most important one, give quality content. Provide good content so that people visit your site again and again.
Hope you found this article useful! Enjoy and take notes.